Saturday, January 7, 2012

Reading (and watching) list

I am finding the Fire even easier to read with than the original kindle. So far since Christmas I have breezed my way through John Grisham's The Confession, Stephen King's UR, Margaret Atwood'sThe Handmaid's Tale, and Ian Graham's Unbillable Hours. Over two hours of that time has been while walking on the treadmill, not that it has had any benefit at this point.

Now I'm a few pages into Jonathan Saran Foer's Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. I heard a report about the movie yesterday on NPR and could tell that I needed to dive into the book first. His Everything is Illuminated ranks high as one of my all-time favorites.

We've also been using Netflix to catch up on some tv series we originally missed, preferring to skip those things with commercials.

Portlandia. OMG, why didn't anybody tell me?