Sunday, March 18, 2012

"But I know what I like"

Paintings from MOMA. We threw this visit in on our last morning in NYC, and I am so glad that we did.  There may be better representatives of these famous works on-line, but this is proof to myself that I have seen them with my own eyes.  A huge collection: these were some of my favorites.

Click on each picture for details on the MOMA website.

The Dream by Henri Rousseau..

Also Rousseau: The Sleeping Gypsy. But I look at it and start singing "In the jungle, the mighty jungle . . ."

The Olive Trees: Vincent van Gogh. Obviously.

Van Gogh: Portrait of Joseph Roulin 

Needs no introduction.  More magnificent in person than I had imagined.

Still Life with Three Puppies: Paul Gauguin.  Dog art!

Francis Picabia: I See Again in Memory My Dear Udnie.  I left a portion of the floor in the picture to give an idea of scale.

Kurt Schwitters: Revolving

Pablo Picasso: Three Musicians

Claude Monet: Agapanthus

Amedeo ModiglianiAnna Zborowska

David Alfaro Siqueiros: Echo of a Scream


David Alfaro Siqueiros: The Sob

David Alfaro Siqueiros: Proletarian Victim

Thomas Hart Benton: Homestead

Salvador Dali: The Persistence of Memory

Natalia Goncharova: Rayonism, Blue-Green Forest

Henri Matisse: Landscape at Collioure

Yves Tanguy: The Furniture of Time

Robert Rauschenberg: Bed