Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reading list

#12 The Hunger Games
#13 Catching Fire
#14 Mockingjay

How can you stop, once you start?  I want to see the movie, and not wait for it to come out on NetFlix.  Have I mentioned how much I liked Winter's Bone, the other movie I saw Jennifer Lawrence in?  It was supposed to be set in the Ozarks but could have been Suthern Orygun.  Watch it if you get the chance; I highly recommend it.

#15 Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult.  Recommended by Ellie and Kathy when we were discussing books over dinner a couple of weeks ago.  I enjoyed it for the medical and court drama, for the mystery, and for the interludes about wolf behavior.  Maybe especially for the Luke/Wolf interludes.  Thanks for the recommendation and I'll try her other 18 books.

#16 Today I'm reading A Night to Remember by Walter Lord in honor of the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  It has always been a fascinating subject to me.  And yes, I do believe I have watched the 1997 movie (cough) several times.  I saw it three times the first few weeks while it was still at the theater.  Different people kept needing me to go see it with them (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I'm pretty close to my one book per week goal for the year.  Some longer, some shorter, it evens out.