Monday, September 15, 2008

Limerick

All my life I've worked hard to compete
To be part of the "liberal elite"
With wit that's keen
And Prius that's green
And Birkenstocks on my two feet.


Based on the Tom Buffenbarger quote:
"I've got news for all the latte-drinking, Prius-driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust fund babies" which is not new but I still muse about.

Now technically I'm currently wearing Keen sandals, drink my Peace Coffee black, and long for a trust fund so that I didn't have to work for a living . . .

But I have my Prius!

I think that I'll go buy some new Birkenstocks to go with the socks that I'm going to be knitting. Richelle talked me into going to a yarn store in Eugene and the knitting bug bit me again. I've never tried socks before so I'll let you know how that goes.