Friday, December 7, 2012

Sun-Seekers

Someday in the not too distant future we will be able to do this for more than a couple of weeks at a time.  But for now I will take what I can get.  I'll do three payrolls remotely, answer questions, and be back to work through New Year's weekend to close out old Twenty-Twelve.  On to lucky number Thirteen.

At home in the Rogue Valley.  A naked pear orchard under a low ceiling.  Frozen fog will be the rule for the next few months.


 Climbing I-5 south of Ashland, up to the Siskiyou summit.  At least it's not sn*wing!

Over the top and Welcome to Sunny California!

I can feel my spirit soaring over the landscape. 

A little farther south and Mount Shasta leaps out to startle as you round a bend.

The Sacramento Valley: the orchards are as bare as at home.  But there is the SUN and the sky is alive with  impressionistic cloud patterns. 

 Settled in for the night in Dunnigan.  A spectacular end to the first day.