Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

And if it won't, we will!

It's raining so hard that it's not grey outside; it's blue.  It's so dark that the streetlights are on (this was taken just after 2 p.m.).


Back when we were young and living in San Diego County, we lamented the lack of seasons.  The Christmas of 1980 when the temperature was also in the 80's we decided was the final straw.

But for some reason that doesn't sound all so bad now.  Most times I don't feel like I'm the age that the calendar tells me I am.   But the cold, wet, and dark affect me more now.  Or I'm just freaking tired of it.  Whatever.

I found a pretty "holiday lights" theme to put on my computer desktop.  It includes pictures like:

Palm Springs, perhaps?

And Arizona, for sure.

Our rig is bigger than this, but you get the idea.  I know she wants to go as she had been creeping toward the front gate when I got home from work yesterday.

It will only be for a couple of weeks this year, as I have to come back to do the year-end processing.  But the time is coming.