Sunday, April 18, 2010

National Poetry Month

It really is: check it out on poets.org.  I haven't regaled you all with "national poetry" in a while and I just couldn't resist.  But for some reason my favorite form of national poetry comes in the form of a Limerick.  Perhaps it's the Irish in my genetic makeup?

So today, in honor of the following quote:
Asked this week about his faltering efforts to advance the Middle East peace process, President Obama did something remarkable. In front of some 47 foreign leaders and hundreds of reporters from all over the world, President Obama said that “whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower.”

Whether we like it or not? Most Americans do like it.
I bring you my offering.

I know of this gal name of Palin

Who thinks that our country's a-failin'.

No master of word,

She twists what she heard.

'Till sometimes it sets me to wailin'.