Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring Creeps Northward


I will need to keep sharing vacation pictures to remind myself that it was worth it as I work a string of 10-hour days to catch up at work.
The second 12-hour day of the drive home was uneventful. We left Barstow at 5:30 a.m. in order to be home before dark. Another snow storm was predicted over the Siskiyous and we wanted to beat it.
 As we drove north through California's central valley we noted that the almonds trees that had been barren 2.5 weeks before are now in bloom. At one quick stop in the midst of orange groves, the scent filled the air and made me want to stay.

Wild mustard is dotting the fields.



Back at home, while the trees are still bare the daffodils are blooming. Spring will come.

 I just have to remember that through the fog.