Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lookin' Out My Backdoor - 01/30/08

Ok, this whole winter wonderland thing is getting a bit old. This is the third morning in a row that I've been on a snow schedule. It's dangerous out there with the idjits on the road. And I know that there is black ice under the snow. My car told me it was there as I was coming home last night.
See? Even the truck drivers fall into the idjit category.
 
Picture from Medford Mail Tribune a couple of days ago.
JoAnne mentioned the ice storms of 1996 on her new blog. Ah, I remember it well: twelve years ago. That would be the great ice storm that hit while Donna Daniels and I were in Hillsboro breeding Smoky and Julie. Yes, that was quite a memorable experience. I know, some of you are laughing about my sniveling at a few inches of snow. Like for instance Mandy & Henry whose car got stuck an a 2.5' deep ridge of snow in front of their house. But we're not supposed to have to deal with this. If I wanted snow, I'd live in Spokane. Or Idaho. The other day the road cams showed that there was even snow at Seaside and Astoria (imagine that bridge with snow on it!). But I checked now and it just looks wet.