Thursday, January 7, 2016

Anza-Borrego 2016

Another January in Borrego Springs. 

Pictures from the trip down from Palm Springs on January 1st:

The Salton Sea.



Desert encampments for the holiday weekend.



This year we realized that we could get a single campsite for the entire month. Tom got online at around 8 a.m. on the first day he could reserve to get one of the sites in the first row with the best desert and mountain views.




Kady enjoying the view of Indianhead Mountain

Coyote Mountain as seen from my desk.

Walking up the wash near the old campground which was destroyed in September of 2004.

Indianhead and the campground from the walk from the visitor center.

We put up our bird feeder and almost immediately attracted doves and finches.

A table of road conditions to use once it stops raining.

Just a couple of the metal sculptures of Ricardo Breceda.  More to come as it seems like there are new ones (or new finds) every year.




Morning from our campsite: 01/03/16

____________________________________

01/06/16


And for this morning's fun in the RV life: the latch on our door broke. With me and the three dogs outside and husband still in bed on the inside. And with me in my slippers and a sweatshirt and jeans pulled over my nightgown. Sans my coffee and phone which were inside.

Once I got Tom up I passed him tools through the window and he was able to disassemble the latch so that I could get back in. Now to find a new latch assembly, or have one shipped to us.

 On the plus side: it's between the rain storms this morning so at least it was dry.

"Was dry":



____________________________________

01/07/16


Something new every morning. Today I was getting up to walk the dogs, looked out the window, and there was a coyote. Right. There. Of course by the time I retrieved my phone she had moved across the street, and then my phone only wanted to focus on the raindrops on the window. You will have to take my word that this was not a scraggly, malnourished coyote, she was dog-show quality (were there a wild-dog class).



Snow on the Santa Rosa mountains this morning.

And Cathy sent this picture of San Jacinto from Two Springs.